Friday, July 6, 2012

Lunch at the Poolside Grill

The Poolside Grill is serving up fresh, new menu items this summer.  They sound so good I had to try the new options for myself. Relaxing next to the outdoor pool with the warm Carolina sun on my back, I enjoyed a uniquely delicious and hearty meal that didn’t break the bank!

I was dying to try the Spicy Sausage, so that was first on the menu. This all - beef bratwurst is served on a hot dog bun and topped with fiery jalapeños, fresh red and green bell peppers and spicy mustard. A lover of all things spicy, this creation suited my tastes perfectly! The mustard and jalapeños add a zesty kick to the plump, juicy sausage while the sautéed peppers are a sweet addition. If this sounds too hot to handle, request the sausage without jalapeño- you’ll avoid the heat while keeping the spice .The Grill is happy to accommodate your personal preferences.

Next I tried a welcome twist to an old classic. Taking grilled cheese to a whole new level, the grill melts a perfect blend of American and Cheddar cheese on thick slices of toasted sourdough bread. Of all the possible combinations, I tried the chef-recommended additions of bacon and tomato on my grilled cheese for a mouthwatering result. The hickory smoked bacon made the sandwich filling while the juicy flavor of the tomato acted as the perfect complement. This is the adult version of a childhood favorite that left me wanting more. However, if you're truly old school, the Grill continues to serve the classic grilled cheese just the way you like it!

I must take a moment to pay homage to the waffle fries we’re now serving at the Poolside Grill. They give Chik-fil-A a run for their money as each fry is topped with a special, savory house seasoning. No meal is complete without this spectacular side, so take advantage of the cost effective combo upgrade which includes waffle fries and a drink.

Of course, the Grill also continues to serve all your traditional favorites you've come to love- juicy hamburgers and hot dogs, turkey wraps, chicken tenders, BLTs and more! With such a wide variety of options, there's something for everyone to enjoy.

And now, for a limited time, the grill will make the Spicy Sausage a combo meal for free! Simply print the coupon below and present it to the Grill at the time of order. 

If you haven’t had lunch at the Poolside Grill, there is no better time to try!  I'm glad I took the opportunity to eat there, and you will be, too. We’ll see you at the Grill this summer with coupon in hand!


No comments: