Friday, March 1, 2013
For some there is nothing like a great steak grilled to perfection surrounded by a seared crust, tender and juicy on the inside where each bite melts in your mouth! Myrtle Beach's Golf Holiday recently published an article naming their Top 5 Steak Restaurants on the Grand Strand and we wanted to share it with you.
The online survey, which determined the top 5, mentions it was for local restaurants only so it excluded formidable steakhouse chains such as Ruth's Chris and California Dreaming. (Editor's note: New York Prime has multiple locations, but it was still included on the survey. Undoubtedly though it serves up delicious steaks.) The voting was very close. So please let us know if you agree.
Here are the rankings:
1. New York Prime - New York Prime is, as you may have guessed, a New York-style steakhouse. The ambiance, the food (a 40 ounce porterhouse for two?), it all adds up to the Myrtle Beach area’s best high-end steakhouse.
2. 21 Main - Located at North Beach Plantation, 21 Main opened in 2011 and immediately took its place among the area's finest steakhouses. Featuring 28 day dry-aged meats and a menu that also includes some of the area's best sushi, 21 Main is arguably the Grand Strand's best restaurant.
3. Angelo's Steak & Pasta - While New York Prime screams upscale, Angelo's takes a different tact. An all-you-can-eat Italian buffet is not typically where you'll find a great steak, but Angelo's isn’t typical. Angelo's delivers finely cooked bovine and anyone that can eat the Big Daddy is a man among boys.
4. Greg Norman’s Australian Grille - The Norman brand is everywhere but his only restaurant is in Myrtle Beach, and it’s one of the area’s best. A wood grilled steak from the Shark at a table overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway is hard to beat.
5. Thoroughbreds - Open since 1988, Thoroughbreds has long been one the Grand Strand’s best. Thoroughbreds touts its 20-ounce bone-in ribeye, but they also offer some of the Beach's best prime rib.
To see the full article, go here: http://myrtlebeachgolf.golfholiday.com/blog/myrtle-beach-golf-news/myrtle-beachs-5-best-steakhouses
If your favorite didn't make the list, tell us about it. We'd love to give your suggestion a try. And if you're new to Myrtle Beach, these restaurants are a great place to start your search for the best steak in town!
Just a reminder that after dinner, Plantation Resort is a great place to relax! You can also work up an appetite at our health and swim club or at one of the many golf courses where we provide "can't miss" discounts. Hope to see you soon and may the best restaurant win!