Friday, August 21, 2009

Katie Butterfield's Summer Internship Experience

Hi, I’m Katie and I’m from Peru. I spent this summer working as an intern at Plantation Resort. This is my first time in South Carolina and I loved my experience here! The scenery is gorgeous in and around the Resort. My best memory is sitting inside during thunderstorms and watching the beautiful lightning show!

Throughout the summer I’ve helped with many of the activities offered at Plantation Resort. We provided great activities for the whole family. My favorite activity has been tie-dying t-shirts. Helping guests tie their shirts and then watch as they add multiple bright colors was so fun. I loved to see their faces as they untied their shirt and saw their amazing creation!

I have spent time working at each of the three pool areas: indoor, outdoor, and lazy river. My favorite is the lazy river and watching the toddlers play in the kiddie pool. They have so much fun making friends and playing with their toys in the water. It’s also fun to watch families as they float around and around the lazy river having a great time together.

Having the opportunity to work at a beautiful resort all summer was exciting! I’ve been able get to know the great staff at the Resort and interact with wonderful guests. I loved talking with and getting to know so many people from so many diverse places. It was an incredible experience helping to provide our guests with a memorable summer vacation!

No comments: