Friday, January 4, 2013

The Power of Zumba - Get in Shape Without Even Realizing It


When I step onto the floor, my heart starts to race.  I plug my I-Pod into the speaker system and start hearing that fresh Latin beat I long to hear each day. Immediately my hips start to sway side to side and I am ready.  I walk to the front of the room and I realize I am surrounded by a sea of people who have joined me for my party. I look up and smile, they smile back. Together we start to move. I am the leader, but I feel more like the DJ who picked the songs for my party. We are all smiling, singing, cheering and showing our Latin flare! Everyone is different. Everyone has their own story to tell. Some are young, some young at heart, some know the moves and the songs and some are learning them for the first time. One thing I know for sure is that my body feels like I'm home.  As the party winds down, I can't believe it's almost over. How did that happen?  Where did the time go? Has it already been an hour?  I look down at my arm band; 480 calories burned. That can't be?  I was just having fun at a party with all my friends.  That's the power of Zumba!


Zumba is the world's largest, fastest growing dance-fitness program. It has successfully built a dance-fitness program catered to everyone in over 150 countries!  From four to ninety-four, Zumba has designed eight specific classes to help you party off the pounds!  Here at Plantation Resort, we want to help keep you looking and feeling great on and off the beach, so try a Zumba class at the Health and Swim Club today. Schedules are available at the front desk.  We're saving you a spot at our next Zumba party! 

No comments: