Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tie-Dye Wednesdays

Wednesday is probably my favorite day at the resort. From 11:30 - 1:00 pm every Wednesday afternoon I get to help at the Tie-Dye T-Shirts activity. Each week we tie-dye about 50 shirts for guests of all ages. After choosing their shirt, our guests decide on the type of tie-dye design they want--swirls, stripes, or a bullseye (diagonal stripes are my favorite). A few "precise" folds or twirls of the shirt, some strategically placed rubberbands, and they are on their way to the tie-dye table to choose from the rainbow of colors. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, teal--so many possibilities. After dunking and squirting the dye into the mass of t-shirt, the moment of unveiling is my favorite part. I am still amazed that somehow the folding and dipping creates these mind-boggling designs. Stop by the Activity Center on a Wednesday afternoon and you can see the bright designs drying on the fence, our own little museum from the sixties, or see the shirts styled by the guests who wear them to the fish fry that night. Better yet, join in on the fun and let me help you create your own tie-dye masterpiece.

No comments: