Friday, June 19, 2009

I'm Back for the Summer!

Ever wonder who the person is behind the posts? I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is April Hallam and I'm back for my second summer at Plantation Resort. I love the outdoors, hiking, waterskiing, rock climbing, and running. Three years ago I came out during my summer break from college (Brigham Young University, in Utah) to work and save some money. I loved being in Surfside! In Utah, the mountain lakes where we play during the summer NEVER get warm, but in Surfside the beach is ALWAYS warm! I loved the Southern charm and hospitality, and I loved working with the great staff at Plantation Resort...so I'm back for another summer.
So much has changed since I was here last. I've now graduated from college and teach high school in Utah and help coach the cross country team. I still have my summers off, and decided to spend this one at the beach once again. When I got back to the resort I noticed so many changes. When I left, we were just starting to put the black shutters on the buildings, and now all of the buildings have a spruced up look with the shutters. When I left we had only just started installing the sidewalks, and now you can walk on the sidewalks all the way to the lazy river and outdoor pool. The Welcome Center has been renamed the Preview Center and is refurbished and up to date. There are more palmettos in the landscaping around the resort and more greenery in general. One of my big projects last time I was here was helping with our brand new Pig Pickin' and Shag, the BBQ on Tuesday nights, and now we have TWO different dinner venues offered at the resort, with the new Tie Dye Fish Fry (see post below). Left and right I find something new or improved at Plantation Resort. Perhaps my favorite new discovery is the cute, wooden playground down in the Presidential Villas. My nephew LOVED playing on the swing set.

The great thing is that the improvements only continue and I get to be a part of them once again. We are currently working on making wireless internet available in the rooms throughout the resort, so if you notice construction down Garden Drive during your visit, know that we are working quickly to make this newest amenity available for your convenience. What else is new? This blog, of course! Let me know what you think about it and what else you would like to see at Plantation Resort.

2 comments:

Rex Family said...

Great Introduction April!

Mauri said...

This is good stuff!